One of the reasons why so many people suffer from chronic diseases is due to our lifestyles and sleep problems. Sleep is vital for our brain function, emotional wellbeing as well as physical health. Children require adequate sleep for growth and development, adults with sleep disorders often suffers from chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, strokes and alzheimer disease. Dental professionals are in the perfect position to help these patients, because many have airway related issues.. Is this session, we going to focus on how dental professionals can help to screen and treat patients with sleep disorders as well as facial pain, because pain and sleep are interrelated. How we can prevent airway problems with early interceptive treatments.
- Screening of breathing disorders and craniofacial pain.
- Patient questionnaire.
- Extra and intra-oral features.
- Sign and symptoms.
- Interpretation of CBCT and sleep study.
- Extra and intra-oral examination.
- Motor nerve testing.
- And various treatment options as well as prevention treatments.
- Diet (supplements and food).
- Early interceptive treatment.
- Other recommendations.
Dr Louis Chan
Dr. Louis Chan graduated in Dentistry in 1998. His interest in craniofacial pain started after his father start to have Trigeminal Neuralgia. Since graduation he hasn’t stopped learning from leaders in orthodontics, sleep dentistry and craniofacial pain. He is one ...