Prevention is much more than brush and floss. Oral Cancer screening, saliva testing and oral health products all affect your preventive patient care. Products and the delivery method of ingredients are important in recommending oral health aids to your patients. Saliva flow and quality need to be determined to appropriately plan for caries and bacterial infection prevention. Through hands on trial, research tips and audience participation you will acquire the tools to build your practice prevention program. Stagnant is not a term used to describe quality health care delivery. New products, techniques and research appear almost daily. This course focuses on products and their value to your dental practice. No two health care providers and exactly the same, and the products you choose are unique. This course will enable you to choose wisely.
- Develop a prevention program for your practice utilizing tests, technology and products available.
- Learn where to find unbiased research on products, ingredients and technologies.
- Determine which new products and technologies fit best with their practice philosophy and style.
- Determine when current technologies and products are most appropriate.
- Have hands on experience with several new screenings, tests and products.
- Develop a list of contacts for further information or demonstrations of products and/or technologies of interest.
Ms. Lory Laughter
University of the Pacific, San Francisco, California
Lory Laughter, RDH, MS, has been a active dental hygienist since her graduation from Idaho St. University in 1994. In 2015 she earned a MS degree in Dental Hygiene from the University of California, San Francisco. ...