For health care providers, clear health communication is about helping patients to understand and act on health care information so they can follow instructions with the goal of improving health outcomes. Whether presenting oral hygiene recommendations to sustain oral health or recommending dental treatment, each team member plays a vital role in communicating the message to the patient. Learn strategies for evidence based decision making for selection of oral care products and how to present them to your patients for improved adherence. Learn what communication science has to say regarding the type of communication that patients respond to best and how each team member’s behavioral style contributes. Learn how your unique style can interfere or enlighten patient acceptance. This is a professional empowerment presentation that the dental team will apply immediately to their practices. Our inspirational speaker is sure to revive your passion for outstanding patient care!
• Describe the health communication needs of providers and how they compare to the unique communication needs of the patient/client.
• Discuss strategies to bridge the gap between the communication differences.
• Discuss verbal/non verbal communication cues and how to beneﬁt from them.
• Describe the most important factor that determines patient engagement.
• Develop strategies for improved patient relationships through understanding behavioral styles.
Ms. Linda Meeuwenberg
Ms. Meeuwenberg is the founder and C.E.O. of Professional Development Association, Inc. dedicated to improving performance with her workshops, CE courses, coaching, and writings. She is a 2009 Hygiene Hero Recipient and a 2012 RDH Sunstar Award of Distinction Recipient, ...